WARNING: NEVER TURN ON THE LIGHTS WHILE ROLLED UP. THEY WILL OVERHEAT AND BREAK.
STEP 1: Planning
- Be sure to measure the length of the area you want to set the lights on.
- We recommend having LED lights go vertically up your wall, but you can also place them horizontally.
STEP 2: Preparing a Clean Surface
- Properly use a rag or paper towel to clean off any dirt or dust in the area you'll be applying your LED lights onto. Doing this is absolutely necessary so the adhesive can stick & hold on strongly.
STEP 3: Revealing the Adhesive
- Gently peel back the plastic on the back of the LED strip to reveal the adhesive.
- Only peel only about 2 inches ahead to make sure the rest of the LED strip doesn't catch debris, dust or dirt while applying.
STEP 4: Proper Installation
- Start off by applying the beginning of the strip against the wall gently.
- Try staying as close to the corner where the wall and ceiling meet to make sure the lights stay in a straight line when applying them horizontally or vertically.
- Ask a friend or family member to hold the other end of the lights and peel the plastic a bit at a time from the adhesive to help make this process easier.
STEP 5: Power On Your Lights
- Ensure you've properly connect the controller/receiver to your LED strip.
- LED Strip and Controller Receiver both have arrows at the connection point.
STEP 6: Powering Your Lights (part 2)
- Connect a power supply to the Controller Receiver and plug it into the closest socket.
Step 7: Check your Controller
- The remote uses a CR2025 battery.
- Make sure you've purchased a battery at your closest retailer.
- After installing the battery, check remote by pointing it at the Remote Receiver.
- If nothing is happening, don't worry, just check that the battery was not inserted upside down. Try flipping it over and check to see it's working.
STEP 8: ENJOY YOUR NEW LED SET UP!